By Younas Chaudhary
Here are few tips on how I would approach various aspects of my life if I were in my 20’s today. I would…..
- Passion. Follow my passion and would not be sidetracked or be influenced to do things that I do not like.
- Parents. Take care of my parents in their home, truly respecting them, listening to and following their advice, being around them and providing them the best positive energy and love, spending time, and assisting in their day-to-day lives trying to provide them the most comfort throughout their lifetime.
- Elders. Spend a good amount of my time in the company of wise elderly people, keenly listening to their advice, and giving thought and consideration to their directions and advice.
- Friends. Be quite selective in choosing my friends and keep relationships with those who genuinely care for me and not those who do nothing except just talk. The best friends are the ones who truly go out of their way to provide their help by giving time and positive energy in your down times without any expectations in return.
- Partner. Find a partner who understands and shares all my basic core values and principles, and who brings out the good in me. I would search for a humble, happy person with positive energy who makes me a better and kinder person, ignores my missteps, understands my ways of behaving, and respects my work ethic.
- Integrity. Be an ethical young businessman and stay humble. I will not compromise integrity for anything in life.
- Business. Work harder and hustle more than I did in the 1970s, considering the opportunities that today offers. With a better command of English and understanding of the Western business environment, I would become an outstanding entrepreneur.
- Work Hard. Use social media so long as it works for me and not the other way around. I would not idle my time watching meaningless Tik Tok videos or keep scrolling on the iPhone.
- Technology. Be prudent and become proficient in software that my businesses use to run their day-to-day operations and other modern technology being used in business. I would be curious and eager to learn every day.
- Health. Take care of my health, eat healthy food three times daily on a routine, exercise and get to bed early, rest and sleep peacefully, and wake up early to start my day with positive energy.
- Charity. Be a giving person for good causes and make sure that a percentage of my income would be used to help less fortunate people and to improve the community’s welfare in which I live.
The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this article are my own and do not represent the opinions of any entity with which I have been, am now, or will be affiliated. Further, I make no warranty regarding the accuracy or effectiveness of my recommendations, and readers are advised to consult other advisors as well as their own judgments in making business decisions.